Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Knife-wielding man attacked Manchester officer, police say
Police said on Thursday night MHA representatives asked officers to check on Scott Rossello, 50, of 200 Hanover St., who reportedly was exhibiting hostile and irrational behavior earlier in the day.
As Devereaux approached Rossello's unit, he heard extremely loud music in the hallway coming from Rossello's apartment, and laughter and yelling when he knocked on the door.
Rossello finally opened the door but started to walk down the hallway.
Devereaux ordered him to stop and Rossello agreed to go back inside and speak with him. Once inside, however, police said Rossello moved toward a steak knife stuck in the wall and, ignoring Devereaux' order to stay away from the knife, grabbed it and turned toward the officer.
Devereaux struggled with Rossello as he allegedly tried to stab the officer in the face. Devereaux wrestled Rossello to the floor and, when other officers arrived, took the knife from him, police said.
Rossello allegedly continued to struggle violently with officers trying to handcuff him and he was zapped with a stun gun. Police said during the struggle Rossello sustained a cut to one of his fingers and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
He is charged with attempted first degree assault and resisting arrest.
At his arraignment Friday morning in 9th Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, police prosecuting Officer Richard Brown asked for $250,000 cash/surety bail, saying: "We feel he is a serious safety concern for others."
Judge William Lyons set bail at $100,000 cash/surety. Rossello could enter no plea to the felony charge in Circuit Court, so a probable cause hearing was set for March 14. Trial on the misdemeanor is April 4.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 1
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917