Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Knife-wielding man attacked Manchester officer, police say
Police said on Thursday night MHA representatives asked officers to check on Scott Rossello, 50, of 200 Hanover St., who reportedly was exhibiting hostile and irrational behavior earlier in the day.
As Devereaux approached Rossello's unit, he heard extremely loud music in the hallway coming from Rossello's apartment, and laughter and yelling when he knocked on the door.
Rossello finally opened the door but started to walk down the hallway.
Devereaux ordered him to stop and Rossello agreed to go back inside and speak with him. Once inside, however, police said Rossello moved toward a steak knife stuck in the wall and, ignoring Devereaux' order to stay away from the knife, grabbed it and turned toward the officer.
Devereaux struggled with Rossello as he allegedly tried to stab the officer in the face. Devereaux wrestled Rossello to the floor and, when other officers arrived, took the knife from him, police said.
Rossello allegedly continued to struggle violently with officers trying to handcuff him and he was zapped with a stun gun. Police said during the struggle Rossello sustained a cut to one of his fingers and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
He is charged with attempted first degree assault and resisting arrest.
At his arraignment Friday morning in 9th Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, police prosecuting Officer Richard Brown asked for $250,000 cash/surety bail, saying: "We feel he is a serious safety concern for others."
Judge William Lyons set bail at $100,000 cash/surety. Rossello could enter no plea to the felony charge in Circuit Court, so a probable cause hearing was set for March 14. Trial on the misdemeanor is April 4.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus