June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Knife-wielding man attacked Manchester officer, police say
Police said on Thursday night MHA representatives asked officers to check on Scott Rossello, 50, of 200 Hanover St., who reportedly was exhibiting hostile and irrational behavior earlier in the day.
As Devereaux approached Rossello's unit, he heard extremely loud music in the hallway coming from Rossello's apartment, and laughter and yelling when he knocked on the door.
Rossello finally opened the door but started to walk down the hallway.
Devereaux ordered him to stop and Rossello agreed to go back inside and speak with him. Once inside, however, police said Rossello moved toward a steak knife stuck in the wall and, ignoring Devereaux' order to stay away from the knife, grabbed it and turned toward the officer.
Devereaux struggled with Rossello as he allegedly tried to stab the officer in the face. Devereaux wrestled Rossello to the floor and, when other officers arrived, took the knife from him, police said.
Rossello allegedly continued to struggle violently with officers trying to handcuff him and he was zapped with a stun gun. Police said during the struggle Rossello sustained a cut to one of his fingers and was taken to a hospital for treatment.
He is charged with attempted first degree assault and resisting arrest.
At his arraignment Friday morning in 9th Circuit Court-Manchester District Division, police prosecuting Officer Richard Brown asked for $250,000 cash/surety bail, saying: "We feel he is a serious safety concern for others."
Judge William Lyons set bail at $100,000 cash/surety. Rossello could enter no plea to the felony charge in Circuit Court, so a probable cause hearing was set for March 14. Trial on the misdemeanor is April 4.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Russian national indicted over phony debit, credit cards - 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 24
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 29
READER COMMENTS: 3
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 0
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 2
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 3
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 2
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424