Home » News » Public Safety
KC-135 with blown tire lands safely at Pease
No one was injured in the incident
First Lt. Aaron McCarthy, executive officer of the 157th Air Refueling Wing at Pease, said the plane with a three-man crew was practicing routine touch-and-go landings about 6:15 p.m. at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport when they felt a vibration and suspected they had a blown tire.
Immediately, they called an in-flight emergency and returned to Pease where the plane made a low-level approach with the landing gear down so a supervising pilot on the ground could try to make a visual inspection of it. The pilot could not see anything and the plane, piloted by Lt. Col. Robert Courtemanche, made a soft, uneventful landing.
The KC-135 taxied to the end of the runway where the maintenance crew inspected the landing gear and discovered the tread separation on a front landing gear tire. McCarthy said there was some tire left.
The incident is under investigation, according to McCarthy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fish and Game says Gilford bear shooting was proper - 2
- White powder in Salem shipping container posed no serious risks - 0
- Officials say Goffstown High ‘safe’ after threat of violence - 1
- Plaistow fire victim remains critical - 0
- Updated: Car may have started itself, crashes, burns at Manchester Home Depot - 7
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- Answers sought after bomb squad leaves Fitzwilliam - 0
- Nottingham man injured in wagon accident suing Hampton Falls orchard - 2
- Lightning strikes Manchester home, sparks fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of UNH logo change brings out passions - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Gosselin stepping down as city AD - 0
- Lackey sharp as Red Sox pound Cleveland, Masterson - 0
- Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Bedford netmen earn spot in state final - 0
- NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013 - 0
- NHIAA Div. I Track: Lynch, North boys prevail - 0
- Two found dead in Belmont; one man detained as part of investigation - 0
- Weather this weekend may be more like Veterans Day - 0
NHIAA Scoreboard, May 24, 2013
Manchester Vet Center just 'a great place'
Just say it: Our fight is with radical Islam
The casino vote: The House did its duty