Home » News » Public Safety
KC-135 with blown tire lands safely at Pease
No one was injured in the incident
First Lt. Aaron McCarthy, executive officer of the 157th Air Refueling Wing at Pease, said the plane with a three-man crew was practicing routine touch-and-go landings about 6:15 p.m. at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport when they felt a vibration and suspected they had a blown tire.
Immediately, they called an in-flight emergency and returned to Pease where the plane made a low-level approach with the landing gear down so a supervising pilot on the ground could try to make a visual inspection of it. The pilot could not see anything and the plane, piloted by Lt. Col. Robert Courtemanche, made a soft, uneventful landing.
The KC-135 taxied to the end of the runway where the maintenance crew inspected the landing gear and discovered the tread separation on a front landing gear tire. McCarthy said there was some tire left.
The incident is under investigation, according to McCarthy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth