Home » News » Public Safety
KC-135 with blown tire lands safely at Pease
No one was injured in the incident
First Lt. Aaron McCarthy, executive officer of the 157th Air Refueling Wing at Pease, said the plane with a three-man crew was practicing routine touch-and-go landings about 6:15 p.m. at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport when they felt a vibration and suspected they had a blown tire.
Immediately, they called an in-flight emergency and returned to Pease where the plane made a low-level approach with the landing gear down so a supervising pilot on the ground could try to make a visual inspection of it. The pilot could not see anything and the plane, piloted by Lt. Col. Robert Courtemanche, made a soft, uneventful landing.
The KC-135 taxied to the end of the runway where the maintenance crew inspected the landing gear and discovered the tread separation on a front landing gear tire. McCarthy said there was some tire left.
The incident is under investigation, according to McCarthy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072