Home » News » Public Safety
KC-135 with blown tire lands safely at Pease
No one was injured in the incident
First Lt. Aaron McCarthy, executive officer of the 157th Air Refueling Wing at Pease, said the plane with a three-man crew was practicing routine touch-and-go landings about 6:15 p.m. at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport when they felt a vibration and suspected they had a blown tire.
Immediately, they called an in-flight emergency and returned to Pease where the plane made a low-level approach with the landing gear down so a supervising pilot on the ground could try to make a visual inspection of it. The pilot could not see anything and the plane, piloted by Lt. Col. Robert Courtemanche, made a soft, uneventful landing.
The KC-135 taxied to the end of the runway where the maintenance crew inspected the landing gear and discovered the tread separation on a front landing gear tire. McCarthy said there was some tire left.
The incident is under investigation, according to McCarthy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council