Home » News » Public Safety
KC-135 with blown tire lands safely at Pease
No one was injured in the incident
First Lt. Aaron McCarthy, executive officer of the 157th Air Refueling Wing at Pease, said the plane with a three-man crew was practicing routine touch-and-go landings about 6:15 p.m. at Manchester-Boston Regional Airport when they felt a vibration and suspected they had a blown tire.
Immediately, they called an in-flight emergency and returned to Pease where the plane made a low-level approach with the landing gear down so a supervising pilot on the ground could try to make a visual inspection of it. The pilot could not see anything and the plane, piloted by Lt. Col. Robert Courtemanche, made a soft, uneventful landing.
The KC-135 taxied to the end of the runway where the maintenance crew inspected the landing gear and discovered the tread separation on a front landing gear tire. McCarthy said there was some tire left.
The incident is under investigation, according to McCarthy.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
- Uehara named to AL all-star team - 0
- All Saints' Episcopal picks a new rector - 0
- Bob & Sons Automotive has been a West Side fixture for 50 years - 0
- Stocks up after Fed minutes on 'easy money' exit - 0
- NH Business Newsreel: Unitil board member tapped for U.S. post - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax