Monarchs rally, win thriller in St. John's
Manchester (25-24-3-3) is in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 56 points. St. John's (23-30-1-3) is in fifth place in the Atlantic Division with 50 points.
In the shootout, center Jordan Weal and left wing Colton Yellow Horn scored for the Monarchs. Monarchs goaltender Martin Jones denied center Eric O'Dell, center Ben Maxwell, left wing Jason Jaffrey and left wing Carl Klingberg. Right wing Brandon Kozun and right wing Tyler Toffoli were denied by IceCaps goaltender Eddie Pasquale. Center Kael Mouillierat scored the lone shootout goal for the IceCaps.
St. John's held leads of 3-1 and 4-2 before Andreoff scored a power-play marker unassisted at 16:15 of the middle period. Manchester needed another goal in the third period to tie the game, and got it with 43 seconds left in regulation. With the goalie pulled and an extra skater on for Manchester, Andreoff scored on David Kolomatis' assist to send the game to overtime.
Brandon Kozun and Tyler Toffoli had goals for Manchester. Eric O'Dell scored two for St. John's, which got single goals from Kael Mouillerat and Patrice Cormier.
Martin Jones (15-19-3) earned his 15th victory of the season of the season stopping 33-of-37 shots in regulation and 4-of-5 shootout attempts. Eddie Pasquale (14-19-3) took third shootout loss of the season making 22 saves on 26 shot in regulation and 2-of-4 shootout snipers.
The Monarchs finish their two-game weekend series against the IceCaps tonight at 6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize