Monarchs rally, win thriller in St. John's
Manchester (25-24-3-3) is in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 56 points. St. John's (23-30-1-3) is in fifth place in the Atlantic Division with 50 points.
In the shootout, center Jordan Weal and left wing Colton Yellow Horn scored for the Monarchs. Monarchs goaltender Martin Jones denied center Eric O'Dell, center Ben Maxwell, left wing Jason Jaffrey and left wing Carl Klingberg. Right wing Brandon Kozun and right wing Tyler Toffoli were denied by IceCaps goaltender Eddie Pasquale. Center Kael Mouillierat scored the lone shootout goal for the IceCaps.
St. John's held leads of 3-1 and 4-2 before Andreoff scored a power-play marker unassisted at 16:15 of the middle period. Manchester needed another goal in the third period to tie the game, and got it with 43 seconds left in regulation. With the goalie pulled and an extra skater on for Manchester, Andreoff scored on David Kolomatis' assist to send the game to overtime.
Brandon Kozun and Tyler Toffoli had goals for Manchester. Eric O'Dell scored two for St. John's, which got single goals from Kael Mouillerat and Patrice Cormier.
Martin Jones (15-19-3) earned his 15th victory of the season of the season stopping 33-of-37 shots in regulation and 4-of-5 shootout attempts. Eddie Pasquale (14-19-3) took third shootout loss of the season making 22 saves on 26 shot in regulation and 2-of-4 shootout snipers.
The Monarchs finish their two-game weekend series against the IceCaps tonight at 6.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Another View -- Glenn Normandeau: Protecting endangered non-game species a NH success story - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: Redacted truth, subjunctive outrage - 0
- David Harsanyi: Get the IRS out of the speech business altogether - 9
- Another View -- Ryan Gallagher: The U.S. government spies on reporters all too frequently - 4
- John Stossel: Who has true grit anymore? - 0
- Another View: New Hampshire would take a risky bet on casinos - 6
- Ramesh Ponnuru: In flextime fight, liberals play to their stereotype - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Benghazi's smoking guns - 1
- Another View: Nashua does need to conduct its own review of commuter rail - 1
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two sustained minor injuries in Rochester crash Sunday - 0
- Boat crash in Tuftonboro investigated - 0
- Manchester alderman urges review of police phone use - 12
- Updated: Man fatally shot on Manchester street; neighbors shocked - 1
- Nashua mayor to recommend Bennett for corporation counsel - 0
- Claremont group disputes incinerator plant's permit - 0
- Goffstown artisan gives new face to Wolfeboro tower - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Kiwanis and the kids - 0
- Town may have to fix grave error - 2
Town may have to fix grave error
UNH hires firm to redesign one of its logos
Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse
Chechen decries Boston attack