Monarchs rally, win thriller in St. John's
Manchester (25-24-3-3) is in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 56 points. St. John's (23-30-1-3) is in fifth place in the Atlantic Division with 50 points.
In the shootout, center Jordan Weal and left wing Colton Yellow Horn scored for the Monarchs. Monarchs goaltender Martin Jones denied center Eric O'Dell, center Ben Maxwell, left wing Jason Jaffrey and left wing Carl Klingberg. Right wing Brandon Kozun and right wing Tyler Toffoli were denied by IceCaps goaltender Eddie Pasquale. Center Kael Mouillierat scored the lone shootout goal for the IceCaps.
St. John's held leads of 3-1 and 4-2 before Andreoff scored a power-play marker unassisted at 16:15 of the middle period. Manchester needed another goal in the third period to tie the game, and got it with 43 seconds left in regulation. With the goalie pulled and an extra skater on for Manchester, Andreoff scored on David Kolomatis' assist to send the game to overtime.
Brandon Kozun and Tyler Toffoli had goals for Manchester. Eric O'Dell scored two for St. John's, which got single goals from Kael Mouillerat and Patrice Cormier.
Martin Jones (15-19-3) earned his 15th victory of the season of the season stopping 33-of-37 shots in regulation and 4-of-5 shootout attempts. Eddie Pasquale (14-19-3) took third shootout loss of the season making 22 saves on 26 shot in regulation and 2-of-4 shootout snipers.
The Monarchs finish their two-game weekend series against the IceCaps tonight at 6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
- Girls' Basketball: Title defenders are also contenders - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Teen injured in pedestrian/car collision in Hudson - 0
- Manchester police recover shell casings in gunfire incident on Taylor Street - 1
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 0
- Another weekend, another three games for Monarchs - 0
- Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty - 3
- Pray for safety: The state did not provide it - 2
- Big league gambling: AG makes right call on casinos - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
Hooksett man arrested on assault charges
Driver was trying to kill himself
Budget gets House OK, heads to Senate
NH reps eyeing budget deal
Decision to tap F&G habitat fund explained
Another View -- Mark S. MacKenzie: Raising minimum wage would lift NH families out of poverty