Monarchs rally, win thriller in St. John's
Manchester (25-24-3-3) is in fourth place in the Atlantic Division with 56 points. St. John's (23-30-1-3) is in fifth place in the Atlantic Division with 50 points.
In the shootout, center Jordan Weal and left wing Colton Yellow Horn scored for the Monarchs. Monarchs goaltender Martin Jones denied center Eric O'Dell, center Ben Maxwell, left wing Jason Jaffrey and left wing Carl Klingberg. Right wing Brandon Kozun and right wing Tyler Toffoli were denied by IceCaps goaltender Eddie Pasquale. Center Kael Mouillierat scored the lone shootout goal for the IceCaps.
St. John's held leads of 3-1 and 4-2 before Andreoff scored a power-play marker unassisted at 16:15 of the middle period. Manchester needed another goal in the third period to tie the game, and got it with 43 seconds left in regulation. With the goalie pulled and an extra skater on for Manchester, Andreoff scored on David Kolomatis' assist to send the game to overtime.
Brandon Kozun and Tyler Toffoli had goals for Manchester. Eric O'Dell scored two for St. John's, which got single goals from Kael Mouillerat and Patrice Cormier.
Martin Jones (15-19-3) earned his 15th victory of the season of the season stopping 33-of-37 shots in regulation and 4-of-5 shootout attempts. Eddie Pasquale (14-19-3) took third shootout loss of the season making 22 saves on 26 shot in regulation and 2-of-4 shootout snipers.
The Monarchs finish their two-game weekend series against the IceCaps tonight at 6.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 0
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 1
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 0
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize