NHIAA Girls' Tournament Roundup: Lebanon cruises past Coe-Brown in Division II
The Raiders led by 13 after one quarter and coasted to their 20th division win of the season. Emily Kehoe and Sam MacDonald each scored 16 points for the Raiders, who face Milford in Monday's semifinals at Southern New Hampshire University. Tip-off is at 7:30 p.m. Sadie Steffen and Jen Schlim each scored six points for eighth-ranked Coe-Brown (12-8).
Milford 57, St. Thomas 35: At Milford, the fourth-ranked Spartans defeated St. Thomas of Dover for the second time in a week and advanced to the Division III semifinals. Kaitlyn Matthews paced Milford (15-5) with eight points.
Portsmouth 56, Merrimack Valley 49: At Portsmouth, Phoebe Collins led the way with 16 points, and Aliza Brown had 14 points as the second-ranked Clippers (17-3) took another step forward in the playoffs. Merrimack Valley of Penacook ended the year at 12-8. Portsmouth will face No. 3 Windham in Monday's semifinals (5:30 p.m.) at Southern New Hampshire University.
Windham 57, Pelham 36: Clairee Putnam tossed in a game-high 15 points as the third-seeded Jaguars advanced to the Division II semifinals for the second consecutive season. Hanna Paitchel scored 14 for Pelham, which was outscored 17-8 in the opening quarter. Windham made nine of its 11 free throw attempts in the final quarter.
Bishop Guertin 3, Berlin-Gorham 1: At Nashua, fourth-seeded BG scored twice in the first period and extended its season with a victory in the Division I quarterfinals. Amanda Giles, Brooke Pearson and Brittany Levasseur scored for the Cardinals, who raised their record to 13-5-1. Fifth-seeded Berlin-Gorham received a goal from Jenna Arguin and completed its season with an 11-8-0 record.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
- Belmont makes deal to sell Winnisquam fire station for $240,000 - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Salem's North Broadway may see another new retail plaza - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos