NHIAA Girls' Tournament Roundup: Lebanon cruises past Coe-Brown in Division II
The Raiders led by 13 after one quarter and coasted to their 20th division win of the season. Emily Kehoe and Sam MacDonald each scored 16 points for the Raiders, who face Milford in Monday's semifinals at Southern New Hampshire University. Tip-off is at 7:30 p.m. Sadie Steffen and Jen Schlim each scored six points for eighth-ranked Coe-Brown (12-8).
Milford 57, St. Thomas 35: At Milford, the fourth-ranked Spartans defeated St. Thomas of Dover for the second time in a week and advanced to the Division III semifinals. Kaitlyn Matthews paced Milford (15-5) with eight points.
Portsmouth 56, Merrimack Valley 49: At Portsmouth, Phoebe Collins led the way with 16 points, and Aliza Brown had 14 points as the second-ranked Clippers (17-3) took another step forward in the playoffs. Merrimack Valley of Penacook ended the year at 12-8. Portsmouth will face No. 3 Windham in Monday's semifinals (5:30 p.m.) at Southern New Hampshire University.
Windham 57, Pelham 36: Clairee Putnam tossed in a game-high 15 points as the third-seeded Jaguars advanced to the Division II semifinals for the second consecutive season. Hanna Paitchel scored 14 for Pelham, which was outscored 17-8 in the opening quarter. Windham made nine of its 11 free throw attempts in the final quarter.
Bishop Guertin 3, Berlin-Gorham 1: At Nashua, fourth-seeded BG scored twice in the first period and extended its season with a victory in the Division I quarterfinals. Amanda Giles, Brooke Pearson and Brittany Levasseur scored for the Cardinals, who raised their record to 13-5-1. Fifth-seeded Berlin-Gorham received a goal from Jenna Arguin and completed its season with an 11-8-0 record.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Once more, with even more feeling - 0
- NH College Roundup: Dartmouth basketball team rips Maine - 0
- Dartmouth hockey team tops Harvard for first victory - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Defense drives Wildcats' bus -- all the way to Orono - 1
- Men's Hockey: DeSmith posts shutout as Wildcats sweep Colorado College - 0
- College Football: Complete victory sees UNH move on in FCS playoffs - 1
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU falls in PAL/Stovepipe hockey play - 0
- NH College Notebook: Six SNHU men's soccer players named to All-East Region team - 0
- College Football: UNH overwhelms Lafayette in FCS first round - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released