NHIAA Div. IV Boys' Basketball Quarters: Derryfield knocks off Colebrook
The Cougars fell behind by 10 points in the first quarter and trailed 19-12 at halftime. Derryfield's Roger Larrivee scored 13 points in the comeback win, and teammate Max Anderson added 10 points. Tyler Zorn hit a big 3-pointer and added nine points for the Cougars (16-4), who advanced to Tuesday's semifinals at Plymouth State University.
Derryfield gave up only 11 points in the second half. Dylan Leach had 12 points to lead Colebrook, which fell to 14-6.
No. 1 Littleton 60, No. 8 Pittsfield 49: Josh Bogardus and Nick Whipple combined for 39 points as top-seeded Littleton advanced.
Pittsfield, led by Elias Doucette's 19 points, held a one-point lead at halftime, 28-27, on the road against the No. 1-ranked team. Kris Perkins added 16 for Pittsfield, which ends the season 13-7.
Littleton, now 19-1, will play No. 4 Derryfield of Manchester on Tuesday in the semifinals at Plymouth State University.
No. 2 Newmarket 53, No. 7 Epping 27: Sam Leahy scored a game-high 17 points and Christian Hawkins added 15 to help Newmarket advance to the Division IV semifinals. The Mules led 22-16 at halftime, but pulled away by outscoring the Blue Devils 14-5 in the third quarter.
Newmarket will face sixth-seeded Lisbon in Tuesday's semifinals at Plymouth State. Lisbon upset third-seeded Profile, 36-30.
READER COMMENTS: 22
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 0
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 12
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
- Charles Krauthammer: Obama the oblivious - 6
- Roger Simon: What Nelson Mandela overcame - 1
- George Will: Raise the minimum wage? It's iffy - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan