NHIAA Div. IV Boys' Basketball Quarters: Derryfield knocks off Colebrook
The Cougars fell behind by 10 points in the first quarter and trailed 19-12 at halftime. Derryfield's Roger Larrivee scored 13 points in the comeback win, and teammate Max Anderson added 10 points. Tyler Zorn hit a big 3-pointer and added nine points for the Cougars (16-4), who advanced to Tuesday's semifinals at Plymouth State University.
Derryfield gave up only 11 points in the second half. Dylan Leach had 12 points to lead Colebrook, which fell to 14-6.
No. 1 Littleton 60, No. 8 Pittsfield 49: Josh Bogardus and Nick Whipple combined for 39 points as top-seeded Littleton advanced.
Pittsfield, led by Elias Doucette's 19 points, held a one-point lead at halftime, 28-27, on the road against the No. 1-ranked team. Kris Perkins added 16 for Pittsfield, which ends the season 13-7.
Littleton, now 19-1, will play No. 4 Derryfield of Manchester on Tuesday in the semifinals at Plymouth State University.
No. 2 Newmarket 53, No. 7 Epping 27: Sam Leahy scored a game-high 17 points and Christian Hawkins added 15 to help Newmarket advance to the Division IV semifinals. The Mules led 22-16 at halftime, but pulled away by outscoring the Blue Devils 14-5 in the third quarter.
Newmarket will face sixth-seeded Lisbon in Tuesday's semifinals at Plymouth State. Lisbon upset third-seeded Profile, 36-30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford wrestlers top Goffstown - 0
- Central builds early lead, beats Pinkerton - 0
- Pinkerton, Memorial deadlock - 0
- Concord's Law is Athlete of the Month - 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'