NHIAA Div. IV Boys' Basketball Quarters: Derryfield knocks off Colebrook
The Cougars fell behind by 10 points in the first quarter and trailed 19-12 at halftime. Derryfield's Roger Larrivee scored 13 points in the comeback win, and teammate Max Anderson added 10 points. Tyler Zorn hit a big 3-pointer and added nine points for the Cougars (16-4), who advanced to Tuesday's semifinals at Plymouth State University.
Derryfield gave up only 11 points in the second half. Dylan Leach had 12 points to lead Colebrook, which fell to 14-6.
No. 1 Littleton 60, No. 8 Pittsfield 49: Josh Bogardus and Nick Whipple combined for 39 points as top-seeded Littleton advanced.
Pittsfield, led by Elias Doucette's 19 points, held a one-point lead at halftime, 28-27, on the road against the No. 1-ranked team. Kris Perkins added 16 for Pittsfield, which ends the season 13-7.
Littleton, now 19-1, will play No. 4 Derryfield of Manchester on Tuesday in the semifinals at Plymouth State University.
No. 2 Newmarket 53, No. 7 Epping 27: Sam Leahy scored a game-high 17 points and Christian Hawkins added 15 to help Newmarket advance to the Division IV semifinals. The Mules led 22-16 at halftime, but pulled away by outscoring the Blue Devils 14-5 in the third quarter.
Newmarket will face sixth-seeded Lisbon in Tuesday's semifinals at Plymouth State. Lisbon upset third-seeded Profile, 36-30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Goalies everywhere - 0
- 'The Granite Wall' stays solid as UNH marches into postseason - 0
- Lebanon City Hall renovation could move forward at hearing - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
State agrees to delete toll booth photos