NHIAA Div. IV Boys' Basketball Quarters: Derryfield knocks off Colebrook
The Cougars fell behind by 10 points in the first quarter and trailed 19-12 at halftime. Derryfield's Roger Larrivee scored 13 points in the comeback win, and teammate Max Anderson added 10 points. Tyler Zorn hit a big 3-pointer and added nine points for the Cougars (16-4), who advanced to Tuesday's semifinals at Plymouth State University.
Derryfield gave up only 11 points in the second half. Dylan Leach had 12 points to lead Colebrook, which fell to 14-6.
No. 1 Littleton 60, No. 8 Pittsfield 49: Josh Bogardus and Nick Whipple combined for 39 points as top-seeded Littleton advanced.
Pittsfield, led by Elias Doucette's 19 points, held a one-point lead at halftime, 28-27, on the road against the No. 1-ranked team. Kris Perkins added 16 for Pittsfield, which ends the season 13-7.
Littleton, now 19-1, will play No. 4 Derryfield of Manchester on Tuesday in the semifinals at Plymouth State University.
No. 2 Newmarket 53, No. 7 Epping 27: Sam Leahy scored a game-high 17 points and Christian Hawkins added 15 to help Newmarket advance to the Division IV semifinals. The Mules led 22-16 at halftime, but pulled away by outscoring the Blue Devils 14-5 in the third quarter.
Newmarket will face sixth-seeded Lisbon in Tuesday's semifinals at Plymouth State. Lisbon upset third-seeded Profile, 36-30.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Boychuk’s status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Copper stolen from old Salem school
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Two in Keene robbed at home
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list