Home » Sports » College Sports
NH Football: Santos joins UNH staff; Lenahan earns national honor
Santos was a four-year starter (2004-07) who led the Wildcats to a 37-14 record during that time. He guided UNH to the NCAA Division I-AA/FCS playoffs in each of those four seasons and led the program to its first Division I postseason victory when the Wildcats won at Georgia Southern in 2004.
Santos ranks third among FCS players in passing yards (13,212) and touchdown passes (123), and fourth in total offense (14,615). He also holds the UNH record for pass attempts (1,498), completions (1,024) and passing yards (12,189).
In 2006, Santos won the Walter Payton Award as the most outstanding player in FCS football. After graduating from UNH, Santos played for three Canadian Football League teams from 2009 to 2012. His uniform number (No. 2) is one of four numbers retired by the UNH football program.
Lenahan earns national honor
Plymouth Regional football coach Chuck Lenahan will be inducted into the NFHS National High School Hall of Fame on June 27 in Denver.
Lenahan won his 19th state title when Plymouth beat Trinity of Manchester for the Division IV championship last fall. It was the 13th time Lenahan has guided a Plymouth team to an unbeaten season.
Lenahan has a 345-69-1 record in 42 seasons as Plymouth's head coach. No New England high school football coach has more career victories.
Lenahan will be one of 13 inductees in the 2013 class. The others include Joe Theisman, who was a three-sport standout at South River (N.J.) High School; and Chauncey Billups, who was the three-time Mr. Basketball at Denver's George Washington High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Monarchs roll up their sleeves for Game 4 - 0
- Jones, Monarchs stay alive with Game 3 win - 0
- Monarchs in must-win situation Thursday night in Manchester - 0
- Second close loss in two days puts Monarchs in 0-2 playoff hole - 0
- Monarchs edged in overtime in playoff opener - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Hockey: Trying to stay on a roll - 1
- Monarchs complete amazing late-season surge to clinch playoff spot - 1
- Monarchs vault into playoff position - 0
- On Hockey: Monarchs need one final playoff push - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 2
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
For the people: A century of the NH primary
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs