Home » Sports » College Sports
NH Football: Santos joins UNH staff; Lenahan earns national honor
Santos was a four-year starter (2004-07) who led the Wildcats to a 37-14 record during that time. He guided UNH to the NCAA Division I-AA/FCS playoffs in each of those four seasons and led the program to its first Division I postseason victory when the Wildcats won at Georgia Southern in 2004.
Santos ranks third among FCS players in passing yards (13,212) and touchdown passes (123), and fourth in total offense (14,615). He also holds the UNH record for pass attempts (1,498), completions (1,024) and passing yards (12,189).
In 2006, Santos won the Walter Payton Award as the most outstanding player in FCS football. After graduating from UNH, Santos played for three Canadian Football League teams from 2009 to 2012. His uniform number (No. 2) is one of four numbers retired by the UNH football program.
Lenahan earns national honor
Plymouth Regional football coach Chuck Lenahan will be inducted into the NFHS National High School Hall of Fame on June 27 in Denver.
Lenahan won his 19th state title when Plymouth beat Trinity of Manchester for the Division IV championship last fall. It was the 13th time Lenahan has guided a Plymouth team to an unbeaten season.
Lenahan has a 345-69-1 record in 42 seasons as Plymouth's head coach. No New England high school football coach has more career victories.
Lenahan will be one of 13 inductees in the 2013 class. The others include Joe Theisman, who was a three-sport standout at South River (N.J.) High School; and Chauncey Billups, who was the three-time Mr. Basketball at Denver's George Washington High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bucks snap skid at 11, top Celtics - 0
- Green, Celtics blow out Cavs - 0
- Celtics late rally falls short - 0
- Crawford, Celtics ease past Bobcats - 0
- Celtics top Hawks to halt six-game skid - 0
- Spurs top Celtics to extend win streak - 0
- Timberwolves hand Celtics third straight loss - 0
- Aldridge double-double sends Celtics to loss - 0
- Warning sign saves former St. A hoop coach Clifford - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use