Home » Sports » College Sports
NH Football: Santos joins UNH staff; Lenahan earns national honor
Santos was a four-year starter (2004-07) who led the Wildcats to a 37-14 record during that time. He guided UNH to the NCAA Division I-AA/FCS playoffs in each of those four seasons and led the program to its first Division I postseason victory when the Wildcats won at Georgia Southern in 2004.
Santos ranks third among FCS players in passing yards (13,212) and touchdown passes (123), and fourth in total offense (14,615). He also holds the UNH record for pass attempts (1,498), completions (1,024) and passing yards (12,189).
In 2006, Santos won the Walter Payton Award as the most outstanding player in FCS football. After graduating from UNH, Santos played for three Canadian Football League teams from 2009 to 2012. His uniform number (No. 2) is one of four numbers retired by the UNH football program.
Lenahan earns national honor
Plymouth Regional football coach Chuck Lenahan will be inducted into the NFHS National High School Hall of Fame on June 27 in Denver.
Lenahan won his 19th state title when Plymouth beat Trinity of Manchester for the Division IV championship last fall. It was the 13th time Lenahan has guided a Plymouth team to an unbeaten season.
Lenahan has a 345-69-1 record in 42 seasons as Plymouth's head coach. No New England high school football coach has more career victories.
Lenahan will be one of 13 inductees in the 2013 class. The others include Joe Theisman, who was a three-sport standout at South River (N.J.) High School; and Chauncey Billups, who was the three-time Mr. Basketball at Denver's George Washington High School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- H.S. Football: Knight leads South past North - 0
- H.S. Football: Trinity, with all the trimmings, runs past Central - 3
- Unchained following 34 years, Thursday's Turkey Bowl is Paul Boucher's last game - 1
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Motivation aplenty for Central and Trinity in Manchester's annual Turkey Bowl - 3
- Martinez, Rodriguez lift Salem past Lawrence - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: On any given Thursday - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: Crimson glide - 0
- Roger Brown's First & 10: This year, No. 1 is a no-doubter - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Concord proves it's the state's best - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans