Unity — As the U.S. Supreme Court weighs arguments over a key provision of the 1965 Voting Rights Act, New Hampshire is seeking a “bailout” from having to comply with the piece of the landmark civil rights law in question. Unity is among the 10 towns in the Granite State required to “pre-clear” any changes in voting laws with federal authorities under Section 5 of the law.CLICK TO VIEW THE SOURCE MATERIAL
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment