Home » News » Public Safety
BU student from Amherst dies in Boston
Andrew Barksdale II, was taken from a residence on Wadsworth Street about 1 a.m. and was pronounced dead three hours later at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, according to the university.
"Whenever there is a death of one of our own it affects all of us," Dean of Students Kenneth Elmore said in a statement. "Our entire community is deeply saddened. I hope that students will look out for each other. I hope they will use the resources that are available here, and I hope they reach out to friends, parents and loved ones."
Barksdale was a 2012 graduate of Souhegan High School in Amherst, N.H., where he earned the Coach's Award for varsity basketball, a U.S. Marine Corps Scholastic Excellence Award and a humanities award, according to Boston University.
His death is being investigated by Boston Police, who have indicated that no foul play was involved, the university said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 0
- AG says Rockingham County attorney probe 'substantially complete' - 0
- Nashua mayor says finance committee lacked authority to table buying dump trucks - 0
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 2
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief