Home » News » Public Safety
BU student from Amherst dies in Boston
Andrew Barksdale II, was taken from a residence on Wadsworth Street about 1 a.m. and was pronounced dead three hours later at St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, according to the university.
"Whenever there is a death of one of our own it affects all of us," Dean of Students Kenneth Elmore said in a statement. "Our entire community is deeply saddened. I hope that students will look out for each other. I hope they will use the resources that are available here, and I hope they reach out to friends, parents and loved ones."
Barksdale was a 2012 graduate of Souhegan High School in Amherst, N.H., where he earned the Coach's Award for varsity basketball, a U.S. Marine Corps Scholastic Excellence Award and a humanities award, according to Boston University.
His death is being investigated by Boston Police, who have indicated that no foul play was involved, the university said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072