Home » Opinion » Editorials
'Dear legislator' -- UNH: Write a letter, win a prize
Of the thousands of students at Durham, the letter-writing campaign had attracted about 60 over two days last week. Sixty.
Of that number, it was unclear how many were motivated by genuine concern for more public funds for UNH and how many may have turned out because of the chance to win a prize.
Yep. The committee that organized this letter-writing effort encouraged participation with drawings for a $100 gift certificate to a computer store and $25 gift cards to Dunkin' Donuts.
That doesn't say much about the confidence level the student senate's external affairs committee had in getting student support. But we are confident the letters that do find their way to Concord will be cited as powerful examples nonetheless.
READER COMMENTS: 8
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 29
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 30
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
- Election Day hotline established to report suspected voter fraud, abuse - 1
- Nashua man charged in child sexual assault - 0
- Two accused of trafficking women in Hampton, Hooksett and Manchester - 0
- 'Fugitive of Week' captured in Hooksett - 0
- Pedestrian struck in Keene - 0
- NHIAA Cross Country: Moskowitz, Kimball primed for Meet of Champions battle - 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four
School's out for voters