Home » Opinion » Editorials
'Dear legislator' -- UNH: Write a letter, win a prize
Of the thousands of students at Durham, the letter-writing campaign had attracted about 60 over two days last week. Sixty.
Of that number, it was unclear how many were motivated by genuine concern for more public funds for UNH and how many may have turned out because of the chance to win a prize.
Yep. The committee that organized this letter-writing effort encouraged participation with drawings for a $100 gift certificate to a computer store and $25 gift cards to Dunkin' Donuts.
That doesn't say much about the confidence level the student senate's external affairs committee had in getting student support. But we are confident the letters that do find their way to Concord will be cited as powerful examples nonetheless.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Cannan race offers $5,000 for first-place finisher - 0
- Ragan tops NASCAR Goliaths at Talladega - 0
- NASCAR upholds Penske penalties - 0
- NASCAR Sprint Cup: Harvick late move wins Richmond - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Thunder Road plays host to ACT race - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified back at Monadnock - 0
- Kyle Busch completes Texas two-step with win in NRA 500 - 0
- Jimmie Johnson dominates at Martinsville - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Valenti Modified Series kicks off season - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials disallow Woodmont slide show - 0
- Officials question Nashua parking proposal - 0
- House bill lowers emissions cap to meet RGGI standards - 0
- Trial delayed for Epping man charged with shooting romantic rival - 0
- Nashua aviation company looks for danger on ground - 0
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial replica wall on display - 0
- NFL-sponsored health program honors Milford High School staff - 0
- John Stossel: Sublet my people go - 0
- Search continues for gadabout steer in Epping - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
State’s stand-your-ground law intact
Pease chosen to receive refueling tanker