Home » Opinion » Editorials
'Dear legislator' -- UNH: Write a letter, win a prize
Of the thousands of students at Durham, the letter-writing campaign had attracted about 60 over two days last week. Sixty.
Of that number, it was unclear how many were motivated by genuine concern for more public funds for UNH and how many may have turned out because of the chance to win a prize.
Yep. The committee that organized this letter-writing effort encouraged participation with drawings for a $100 gift certificate to a computer store and $25 gift cards to Dunkin' Donuts.
That doesn't say much about the confidence level the student senate's external affairs committee had in getting student support. But we are confident the letters that do find their way to Concord will be cited as powerful examples nonetheless.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- What innovation? The casino way is the lazy way - 5
- Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name - 4
- Disengaged: Obama's lousy excuse - 14
- Underestimating NH: Gun control picks two wrong targets - 33
- Roaming jihadis: A terrorist visits Manchester - 4
- Athletes and PE: Give them credit for sports - 7
- The EPA's friend: It has a loyal ally in Shea-Porter - 16
- Leading vs. following: Ayotte, Shaheen and the polls - 24
- The cupcake police: Stop! In the name of lard! - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013 - 0
- Police say man held girlfriend in car, arrest him - 0
- Overtime puts stress on Nashua police budget - 0
- Manchester, church group seek accord on breakfast for homeless - 1
- Ky. Sen. Rand Paul to NH GOP: Let's look like America - 1
- Man gunned down on Manchester street was talented graffiti artist - 0
- Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs - 0
- Two had a NH history before brutal Bedford attack - 0
- Derry marks a soldier's death - 0
Memorial Day Observances 2013
Bedford's Shapiro hits lacrosse milestone
Texting + driving = deadly consequences
Goffstown holds off on school borrowing
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 20, 2013
Not so merry: Giving Robin Hood a bad name