Home » Opinion » Editorials
'Dear legislator' -- UNH: Write a letter, win a prize
Of the thousands of students at Durham, the letter-writing campaign had attracted about 60 over two days last week. Sixty.
Of that number, it was unclear how many were motivated by genuine concern for more public funds for UNH and how many may have turned out because of the chance to win a prize.
Yep. The committee that organized this letter-writing effort encouraged participation with drawings for a $100 gift certificate to a computer store and $25 gift cards to Dunkin' Donuts.
That doesn't say much about the confidence level the student senate's external affairs committee had in getting student support. But we are confident the letters that do find their way to Concord will be cited as powerful examples nonetheless.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies - 5
- Editorial: Jim Adams The GOP choice in Council Dist. 4 - 0
- NH's immigrants: Welcome the ones from Mass. - 13
- Pope’s call-out Where’s the Muslim outrage? - 5
- Free state garden: Weeding is always good - 30
- August recess: Whither our NH representatives? - 1
- Portsmouth saga: Was this 'Officer Too-Friendly?' - 1
- Armed to the teeth, national media discover Bearcats - 21
- Market Basket fallout: Most innocent bystanders - 14
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- NH Fisher Cats slam way to win over Trenton - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist