Home » Opinion » Editorials
'Dear legislator' -- UNH: Write a letter, win a prize
Of the thousands of students at Durham, the letter-writing campaign had attracted about 60 over two days last week. Sixty.
Of that number, it was unclear how many were motivated by genuine concern for more public funds for UNH and how many may have turned out because of the chance to win a prize.
Yep. The committee that organized this letter-writing effort encouraged participation with drawings for a $100 gift certificate to a computer store and $25 gift cards to Dunkin' Donuts.
That doesn't say much about the confidence level the student senate's external affairs committee had in getting student support. But we are confident the letters that do find their way to Concord will be cited as powerful examples nonetheless.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Insanity: Obamacare and the rule of law - 56
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 3
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 33
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 8
- What Bartlett left: A Founding Father mostly forgotten - 1
- Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President - 4
- Obama's priority: Raising money - 36
- Hey, bear: That ain't Fozzie - 0
- Obama's debt: His real legacy is coming - 15
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
- Cheshire Historical Society receives nearly $1 million - 0
- GOP's UP Project aims to fix gender gap - 0
- Bath man, 73, charged with sexual assault of child - 0
- Export-Import Bank chairman tours NH business - 0
- Manchester takes state Babe Ruth tournament - 0
Conway school acts on Facebook threats
Market Basket walkout a future case study