Home » Opinion » Editorials
'Dear legislator' -- UNH: Write a letter, win a prize
Of the thousands of students at Durham, the letter-writing campaign had attracted about 60 over two days last week. Sixty.
Of that number, it was unclear how many were motivated by genuine concern for more public funds for UNH and how many may have turned out because of the chance to win a prize.
Yep. The committee that organized this letter-writing effort encouraged participation with drawings for a $100 gift certificate to a computer store and $25 gift cards to Dunkin' Donuts.
That doesn't say much about the confidence level the student senate's external affairs committee had in getting student support. But we are confident the letters that do find their way to Concord will be cited as powerful examples nonetheless.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform