Home » Sports » College Sports
Dartmouth to host Harvard in first round ECAC hockey tourney series
Freshman goalie Charles Grant was a bright spot for the Big Green, saving 38 shots. Grant stopped 78 of the 84 shots he saw over the weekend, which included Friday night's 2-2 tie with Princeton.
Dartmouth won a tiebreaker with St. Lawrence to finish fifth, with a 9-9-4 ECAC record (13-11-5 overall) and will host the league's 12th-ranked team, Harvard, in a best-of-three series beginning Friday night at Thompson Arena. Game 2 is Saturday night, with a Game 3, if necessary, on Sunday night. The Big Green went 1-0-1 against their rivals from Cambridge during the regular season.
Quinnipiac, coached by Bedford native Rand Pecknold, takes a 24-5-5 mark (17-2-3 in the ECAC) into the postseason. The Bobcats are seeded No. 1 in the ECAC tournament, earning a first-round bye along with No. 2 RPI, No. 3 Yale and No. 4 Union. The quarterfinal round will be played on those four campuses before the tournament moves to the semifinals and championship in Atlantic City, N.J.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Angry birds clash - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Wildcats defeat Maine to advance - 1
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- SNHU wins national title - 1
- UNH fires coach McCloskey over 'incident of inappropriate physical contact with a player' - 0
- UNH No. 18 in USCHO.com poll - 0
- Since Day 1, a focus on excellence for Penmen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false