Home » Sports » College Sports
Dartmouth to host Harvard in first round ECAC hockey tourney series
Freshman goalie Charles Grant was a bright spot for the Big Green, saving 38 shots. Grant stopped 78 of the 84 shots he saw over the weekend, which included Friday night's 2-2 tie with Princeton.
Dartmouth won a tiebreaker with St. Lawrence to finish fifth, with a 9-9-4 ECAC record (13-11-5 overall) and will host the league's 12th-ranked team, Harvard, in a best-of-three series beginning Friday night at Thompson Arena. Game 2 is Saturday night, with a Game 3, if necessary, on Sunday night. The Big Green went 1-0-1 against their rivals from Cambridge during the regular season.
Quinnipiac, coached by Bedford native Rand Pecknold, takes a 24-5-5 mark (17-2-3 in the ECAC) into the postseason. The Bobcats are seeded No. 1 in the ECAC tournament, earning a first-round bye along with No. 2 RPI, No. 3 Yale and No. 4 Union. The quarterfinal round will be played on those four campuses before the tournament moves to the semifinals and championship in Atlantic City, N.J.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 4
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman: Parole me for murder of parents
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans