Home » News » Politics » Town Meetings
Newton candidate says 80 campaign signs gone
Donovan, a former two-term selectman challenging incumbent Trisha McCarthy, said he discovered the signs missing Saturday morning and notified police.
"Hopefully somebody saw something. They hit every street in town. That's a lot of signs in the small town of Newton," he said Sunday.
Donovan put the corrugated plastic signs around town about two weeks ago. He said they cost nearly $1,400. He had 20 left that he's put out, but hadn't checked to see if they were still in place Sunday morning.
When asked if he knows who may be behind the sign thefts, Donovan said, "I know there are a few people that don't want me."
Donovan urged anyone with information about the thefts to call the Newton Police Department at 382-6774.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Portsmouth's Memorial Bridge named one of Top 10 bridges of 2013 - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike exact-change lanes to be removed by Friday - 0
- Oddities of winter parking rules - 0
- State highway plan called 'fiscally restrained' - 0
- Senate president tells highway department to 'live within its means' - 0
- Bridge that connects Nashua with Merrimack will be closed for 15 months - 0
- Route 12A reopened to alternating one-way traffic - 0
- Traffic on Rockingham Road in Derry returning to normal - 0
- Wider I-293 may have to wait without more toll revenue - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration project - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0