Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters to practice extinguishing building fire in Lebanon
The exercise will take place at 7 a.m. at the building acquired by the fire department for training purposes. Extinguishing the blaze provides a valuable training opportunity for firefighters by experiencing near-real life fire conditions using recognized national safety standards to ensure firefighter safety, according to fire officials.
Firefighters from Hartford, Vt., and Hanover will also be participating. During the training, Mount Support Road from the intersection of Lahaye Drive north to parking lot 20 at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center will be closed to all traffic. Vehicles requiring access to any business north of Lahaye Drive may use DHMC's parking lot 20 to gain access.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072