Home » News » Public Safety
Firefighters to practice extinguishing building fire in Lebanon
The exercise will take place at 7 a.m. at the building acquired by the fire department for training purposes. Extinguishing the blaze provides a valuable training opportunity for firefighters by experiencing near-real life fire conditions using recognized national safety standards to ensure firefighter safety, according to fire officials.
Firefighters from Hartford, Vt., and Hanover will also be participating. During the training, Mount Support Road from the intersection of Lahaye Drive north to parking lot 20 at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center will be closed to all traffic. Vehicles requiring access to any business north of Lahaye Drive may use DHMC's parking lot 20 to gain access.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hurricane' Carter succumbs to cancer - 0
- Kuchar holes bunker shot on 18 to win RBC Heritage - 0
- 'Determined' Bruins even series - 0
- Fire destroys historic Claremont convent - 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'