Defiant convention will retain its own counsel but who will pay the bill?
LACONIA — Ignoring previous advice of legal counsel and defying the county commissioners, the Belknap County Convention last night decided to ask an attorney from the Mitchell Municipal Group of Laconia to defend the convention against the suit brought by Tom Tardif charging it violated the Right-to-Know Law by electing its current officers by secret ballot.
LATEST NEW HAMPSHIRE ANGLE
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Here comes the sun' – Summer Season at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Weekend Top 10 Planner - 0
- James 'Superharp' Cotton bring blues to Tupelo - 0
- Strawbery Banke Museum pays tribute to military past and present - 0
- Newmont Military Band conjures sights, sounds of earlier century - 0
- Trial lawyers recount Whitey Bulger case, 'Departed' film screened at Red Rivers - 0
- It's a bard-worthy ShakesBEERience - 0
- Hundreds of Monadnock Region students team with professional musicians - 0
- Dartmouth musicians tackle 'Mahler boot camp' - 0
Memorial Day events in New Hampshire
Weekend Top 10 Planner
New Hampshire Club News