Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hearing set for Bartlett mom's child endangerment charges
A pre-trial hearing for the mom, Heather Downs, 33, of Bartlett, is scheduled for Thursday at 8:45 a.m. at Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee. Downs' ex-boyfriend, Justin Roy, was found guilty last month on charges that he severely beat Downs' 2-year-old son, Strider, and convicted on lesser assault charges against Downs' other sons, an 11-month-old baby and a 7-year-old son. Strider, who has since recovered from life threatening injuries to his abdomen, and his brothers have lived with grandparents after they were removed from Downs' custody of the boys soon after the Dec. 19, 2011 incident.
Downs, who testified at Roy's trial as a state's witness, was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child and one count of felony witness tampering. The indictment alleges that Downs told her 7-year-old son not to tell anyone about what happened at the Roy residence before she took the kids and left the house.
The endangerment charges allege Downs' left the boys unattended in a cold car, without heat, in sub-freezing temperatures on Dec. 18, 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 0
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 2
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 8
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
- Windham teachers' contract in mediation - 0
- College Roundup: Springfield shoots SNHU past FPU - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424