Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hearing set for Bartlett mom's child endangerment charges
A pre-trial hearing for the mom, Heather Downs, 33, of Bartlett, is scheduled for Thursday at 8:45 a.m. at Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee. Downs' ex-boyfriend, Justin Roy, was found guilty last month on charges that he severely beat Downs' 2-year-old son, Strider, and convicted on lesser assault charges against Downs' other sons, an 11-month-old baby and a 7-year-old son. Strider, who has since recovered from life threatening injuries to his abdomen, and his brothers have lived with grandparents after they were removed from Downs' custody of the boys soon after the Dec. 19, 2011 incident.
Downs, who testified at Roy's trial as a state's witness, was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child and one count of felony witness tampering. The indictment alleges that Downs told her 7-year-old son not to tell anyone about what happened at the Roy residence before she took the kids and left the house.
The endangerment charges allege Downs' left the boys unattended in a cold car, without heat, in sub-freezing temperatures on Dec. 18, 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 26
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
- Grantham man makes plea deal in wife's killing - 4
- Keene cold-case murder trial starts - 0
- Newmarket man charged with impersonating police officer on Seacoast - 1
- Londonderry man challenges search in child porn case - 0
- Accused Goffstown embezzler freed on reduced bail - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424