May 22, 2013
May 15, 2013
May 8, 2013
May 1, 2013
Hearing set for Bartlett mom's child endangerment charges
A pre-trial hearing for the mom, Heather Downs, 33, of Bartlett, is scheduled for Thursday at 8:45 a.m. at Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee. Downs' ex-boyfriend, Justin Roy, was found guilty last month on charges that he severely beat Downs' 2-year-old son, Strider, and convicted on lesser assault charges against Downs' other sons, an 11-month-old baby and a 7-year-old son. Strider, who has since recovered from life threatening injuries to his abdomen, and his brothers have lived with grandparents after they were removed from Downs' custody of the boys soon after the Dec. 19, 2011 incident.
Downs, who testified at Roy's trial as a state's witness, was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child and one count of felony witness tampering. The indictment alleges that Downs told her 7-year-old son not to tell anyone about what happened at the Roy residence before she took the kids and left the house.
The endangerment charges allege Downs' left the boys unattended in a cold car, without heat, in sub-freezing temperatures on Dec. 18, 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Nashua man struck woman with Jeep - 0
- Police seek man they say passed counterfeit bill at Manchester mall - 1
- Manchester police seek Food Mart robber - 3
- No arrests in Manchester homicide; single shot to chest killed man - 9
- Jury finds Chester man guilty of sex assault - 1
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Hampton man indicted for Poker Room assault, robbery - 0
- UPDATED: Chester police seek two men in armed home invasion - 1
- Intruder, a burglar, and attempted break-in keep Manchester police busy - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester man facing up to 30 years in prison for brutal assault - 0
- Last-minute lobbying frantic as House prepares for casino vote - 1
- Pease chosen to receive new KC-46A refueling tanker; to bring 100 jobs - 5
- FBI agent kills Florida man during questioning about Marathon bombing suspect - 1
- Lightning strikes home in Exeter - 0
- For now, no more breakfasts in Manchester's Veterans Park - 11
- White Sox lefty Quintana shuts down Red Sox - 0
- Manchester mayor to oversee economic development office - 1
- NHIAA boxscores, summaries for May 21 - 0
License revocations for DWI announced
UPDATED: Derry marks a soldier's death
Experts weigh in on UNH logo designs
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424