June 11, 2013
June 4, 2013
May 29, 2013
May 22, 2013
Hearing set for Bartlett mom's child endangerment charges
A pre-trial hearing for the mom, Heather Downs, 33, of Bartlett, is scheduled for Thursday at 8:45 a.m. at Carroll County Superior Court in Ossipee. Downs' ex-boyfriend, Justin Roy, was found guilty last month on charges that he severely beat Downs' 2-year-old son, Strider, and convicted on lesser assault charges against Downs' other sons, an 11-month-old baby and a 7-year-old son. Strider, who has since recovered from life threatening injuries to his abdomen, and his brothers have lived with grandparents after they were removed from Downs' custody of the boys soon after the Dec. 19, 2011 incident.
Downs, who testified at Roy's trial as a state's witness, was charged with four counts of endangering the welfare of a child and one count of felony witness tampering. The indictment alleges that Downs told her 7-year-old son not to tell anyone about what happened at the Roy residence before she took the kids and left the house.
The endangerment charges allege Downs' left the boys unattended in a cold car, without heat, in sub-freezing temperatures on Dec. 18, 2011.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious - 22
- Hampton man indicted for distributing child porn - 0
- Mother of drowned baby gets prison time - 6
- Former Londonderry coach indicted in sex assault of two girls - 1
- Manchester resident interrupts burglary - 0
- Auburn woman struck in head with bottle of cologne - 1
- Manchester cabbie assaulted, robbed - 0
- Somersworth man said toddler fussed so he tied him in a blanket - 28
- Hooksett mother arrested for making repeated 911 calls, police say - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Santos drives in three as Curve beat Fisher Cats in 10 - 0
- Large billboards grabbing attention on Route 101 in Epping - 1
- Pearl Street lot proposal involves student housing in Manchester - 0
- Manchester VFW posts fights to survive without poker cash - 0
- Surveillance led NSA to 50 terror 'events' - 0
- One arrested as Concord gun-control rally gets rowdy - 13
- Celtics, Clippers call off Doc deal - 0
- High school football is in the air as CHad practice opens - 0
- Agencies to offer summer food service to Derry children in need - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Nashua couple's deaths called suspicious
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424