Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester bus driver puts out fire, suffers breathing problems
The driver was alone on the full-size bus at Valley and Pine streets when the fire broke out. The call was received by the fire department at 1:39 p.m.
District Fire Chief Michael Gamache said the driver did what he thought he should in trying to take care of the fire himself, but Gamache said firefighters are properly equipped to deal with such a fire.
As a result of his efforts, the driver suffered breathing difficulties that required transport to the hospital for treatment.
Manchester Transit Authority Executive Director Michael Whitten said late Tuesday afternoon that the driver was reportedly doing well at the hospital, but Whitten declined to identify him beyond using his first name of "Joe" without speaking with the driver himself.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Motorcyclist suffers minor injuries in Saturday crash in Laconia - 0
- 18-year-old located with mother, brother on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Two killed in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- New fire training facility proposed in Nashua - 0
- 2 die in North Hampton plane crash - 0
- NH police on lookout for drunken drivers - 5
- Marine Patrol called to multiple crashes - 0
- Hiker rescued on Mount Monadnock - 0
- Laconia accident results in minor injuries for motorcyclist - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Know the Law: Know your rights when dealing with debt collectors - 0
- Ask SCORE: Getting help with routine chores allows owners to focus on critical issues - 0
- Another View - Richard Ober: We have to act now to stop the decline in NH's future prospects - 0
- Another View: Gordon Humphrey -- Rubens will bring principled, courageous leadership to Senate - 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- As school year starts, talk of new testing begins in Manchester - 0
- Wildcats focus on positives following opening loss - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Preview: Exeter, Pinkerton girls thinking big - 0
- Frank Jones' foray into ale-making in Portsmouth is a success - 0
Two killed in North Hampton plane crash
DWI License Revocations
Sherborne takes Manchester city golf crown