action:article | category:NEWS07 | adString:NEWS07 | zoneID:67

Home » News » Public Safety

March 05. 2013 4:20PM

Allenstown man injured when wall outlet explodes

ALLENSTOWN - Allenstown's building inspector and safety officials are conducting an investigation of a duplex on Main Street after a man suffered injuries Tuesday when a wall outlet exploded in his face.

The man, who lives in one of the two units at 35 Main St., was plugging a DVD player into a wall outlet when the outlet exploded. Allenstown police said it was not clear if the explosion was due to issues with the outlet and electrical wiring in the building or with the DVD player itself. The Allenstown building inspector, Marcus Everngam, conducted an inspection of the building Tuesday afternoon.

Power has been shut off in the building as a safety precaution.

The victim was transported to Concord Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Responders found him dazed and with cuts to his face.


Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
Sorry, no question available

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events