All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In

Home | Public Safety

Allenstown man injured when wall outlet explodes

By BRENDAN CLOGSTON
Union Leader Correspondent

March 05. 2013 4:20PM


ALLENSTOWN - Allenstown's building inspector and safety officials are conducting an investigation of a duplex on Main Street after a man suffered injuries Tuesday when a wall outlet exploded in his face.

The man, who lives in one of the two units at 35 Main St., was plugging a DVD player into a wall outlet when the outlet exploded. Allenstown police said it was not clear if the explosion was due to issues with the outlet and electrical wiring in the building or with the DVD player itself. The Allenstown building inspector, Marcus Everngam, conducted an inspection of the building Tuesday afternoon.

Power has been shut off in the building as a safety precaution.

The victim was transported to Concord Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Responders found him dazed and with cuts to his face.


Public Safety Allenstown


More Headlines

Water testing continues at Kingston fire station

Aggregation