Home » News » Public Safety
Allenstown man injured when wall outlet explodes
The man, who lives in one of the two units at 35 Main St., was plugging a DVD player into a wall outlet when the outlet exploded. Allenstown police said it was not clear if the explosion was due to issues with the outlet and electrical wiring in the building or with the DVD player itself. The Allenstown building inspector, Marcus Everngam, conducted an inspection of the building Tuesday afternoon.
Power has been shut off in the building as a safety precaution.
The victim was transported to Concord Hospital with non-life-threatening injuries. Responders found him dazed and with cuts to his face.
READER COMMENTS: 78
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
- N.J. woman injured in Moultonborough motorcycle crash - 1
- Danville police chief pleads not guilty in firearms case - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House proposes special session to decide Medicaid expansion - 1
- NH man to be tried in $13 million mortgage fraud scheme - 0
- UPDATE: Elderly Nashua couple were stabbed to death - 2
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 4
- House, Senate at standoff over vaccines, voter registration bill - 0
- Rochester parents called to court to answer for truant children - 2
- Exeter High teachers' resignations announced at meeting - 0
- Rochester woman under arrest in underage party - 0
- LeBron, Heat edge Spurs in OT, force Game 7 - 0
Voter restrictions: Who will govern us?
Mother of drowned baby gets prison time