Home » News » Public Safety
Report of men with guns sends Laconia schools into lockdown
Laconia Police and a New Hampshire State Police K-9 unit responded to the report for a search of the area, but no trace of the men was found.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the lockdown followed the report of the sighting by a school administrator at 1:18 p.m. He said the lockdown ended shortly after the normal dismissal time for the schools.
Canfield said the men were described as white, one wearing a black T-shirt and the other wearing a white sweatshirt with red lettering.
The investigation is continuing and anyone with information concerning the incident, or who saw the two men, is asked to contact the Laconia Police at 524-5252 or Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 4
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 1
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents
LNG plant put 'on hold'