Home » News » Public Safety
Report of men with guns sends Laconia schools into lockdown
Laconia Police and a New Hampshire State Police K-9 unit responded to the report for a search of the area, but no trace of the men was found.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the lockdown followed the report of the sighting by a school administrator at 1:18 p.m. He said the lockdown ended shortly after the normal dismissal time for the schools.
Canfield said the men were described as white, one wearing a black T-shirt and the other wearing a white sweatshirt with red lettering.
The investigation is continuing and anyone with information concerning the incident, or who saw the two men, is asked to contact the Laconia Police at 524-5252 or Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- CDFA names Caswell new director - 0
- GoShopNH.com to host workshop in Keene - 0
- FlowTraq CEO has his eye on Manchester - 0
- Bail hearing set for former Nashua alderman - 0
- Manchester police searching for robbery suspect - 0
- Monarchs to play Norfolk in playoffs - 0
- 'Hurricane' Carter succumbs to cancer - 0
- Kuchar holes bunker shot on 18 to win RBC Heritage - 0
- 'Determined' Bruins even series - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'