Home » News » Public Safety
Report of men with guns sends Laconia schools into lockdown
Laconia Police and a New Hampshire State Police K-9 unit responded to the report for a search of the area, but no trace of the men was found.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the lockdown followed the report of the sighting by a school administrator at 1:18 p.m. He said the lockdown ended shortly after the normal dismissal time for the schools.
Canfield said the men were described as white, one wearing a black T-shirt and the other wearing a white sweatshirt with red lettering.
The investigation is continuing and anyone with information concerning the incident, or who saw the two men, is asked to contact the Laconia Police at 524-5252 or Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Police say man found dead outside Wall Street Towers jumped - 5
- Concord police stun, arrest gun rights protester after officer touched on shoulder - 147
- Horsing around: Manchester students name police horse - 1
- UPDATE: Elderly man burned in North Hampton camper fire has died - 3
- UPDATE: Windham's Common Man to open for dinner rush despite fire - 2
- Enfield fire leaves one burned - 0
- Driver rescued after Franklin crash, 50-foot plunge - 0
- Children hurt when tire swings falls in Manchester playground - 1
- Camper fire leaves Bridgewater man severely burned - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Hellickson, Rays handcuff Red Sox - 0
- Celtics' Rivers, Ainge meet to clear air - 0
- Fisher Cats drop second straight - 0
- Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez - 0
- Central High student says he was knocked unconscious; police investigate racial motive - 0
- New Hampshire Religion News in Brief - 0
- Police investigate cause of injuries to Seabrook family - 0
- Queen City community to celebrate U.N. World Refugee Day today - 0
- Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation’s 93rd season has something for everyone - 0
Manipulating NH: Bloomberg and the terrorist
Troubles mount for Patriots' Hernandez
Tax credit math: Who owns your money?
Drones and privacy: Debate just taking off