Home » News » Public Safety
Report of men with guns sends Laconia schools into lockdown
Laconia Police and a New Hampshire State Police K-9 unit responded to the report for a search of the area, but no trace of the men was found.
Laconia Police Capt. Matt Canfield said the lockdown followed the report of the sighting by a school administrator at 1:18 p.m. He said the lockdown ended shortly after the normal dismissal time for the schools.
Canfield said the men were described as white, one wearing a black T-shirt and the other wearing a white sweatshirt with red lettering.
The investigation is continuing and anyone with information concerning the incident, or who saw the two men, is asked to contact the Laconia Police at 524-5252 or Laconia Crimeline at 527-1717.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth