Home » News » Public Safety
Dozen people temporarily displaced after small Manchester fire
District Fire Chief Mark Pelletier said a maintenance man smelled smoke at the 383 Merrimack St. building and called 911 just before 7 p.m.
The fire was in basement wiring running underneath a first floor joist, he said. Firefighters used a chain saw to cut out a section of the beam because of fire damage.
Pelletier said about 12 tenants reside at the six-unit apartment building (one apartment is vacant) and all had to find alternate housing because power was cut to the building.
They will not be able to return until an electrician is brought in and repairs are made, according to Pelletier. He estimated damage at $3,000.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 0
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 8
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
- Berlin looking to acquire BearCat armored vehicle - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park