Home » News » Public Safety
Dozen people temporarily displaced after small Manchester fire
District Fire Chief Mark Pelletier said a maintenance man smelled smoke at the 383 Merrimack St. building and called 911 just before 7 p.m.
The fire was in basement wiring running underneath a first floor joist, he said. Firefighters used a chain saw to cut out a section of the beam because of fire damage.
Pelletier said about 12 tenants reside at the six-unit apartment building (one apartment is vacant) and all had to find alternate housing because power was cut to the building.
They will not be able to return until an electrician is brought in and repairs are made, according to Pelletier. He estimated damage at $3,000.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Driver was trying to kill himself
NH reps eyeing budget deal
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072